[IAEP] Madagascar efforts of OLPC-FR, recently reported in English

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Mar 20 21:22:01 EDT 2018

Thanks!

The study is available as PDF
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/15391523.2017.1388200?needAccess=true

Consequences for Sugar Labs development priorities are;

- Record activity is critical for home use, relevant to family
  dynamics; so we must urgently port this to GTK+ 3 in order that it
  remains available,

- Turtle Art activity was not often understood (page 11, "most (use)
  limited to a disorganized set of juxtaposed bricks"), so an embedded
  ramp up or tutorial may be helpful,

- Ruler activity was in lessons; so we must urgently fix whatever is
  stopping it from working in order that it remains available,

- Record activity needs a mirror mode for hairstyling, (page 12),

- an activity for providing a light source, (page 12, page 14),

- an activity focusing on drill and practice of memory may be of use;
  something like the spaced repetition of Mnemosyne, Anki or Memrise.

In case anyone needs a shortened URL, the media article is also
accessible as https://theconversation.com/the-93305

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/