[IAEP] IAEP Digest, Vol 129, Issue 17

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Sat Dec 22 01:19:12 EST 2018

It is wonderful to see a real discussion of the educational use of Sugar
on this list.

I am particularly interested in your programming syllabus for 5th grade
students. I am trying to introduce text programming (Python and
Javascript) to
primary school students.

I assume you did this class with Sugar. Did you use Pippy or show
students how to program using a text editor such as nano?

How will these students continue to develop their programming skills?

i am using Al Sweigart's Invent Your Own Games with Python as the basis
for the python course. However, I haven't yet been able to see
continuing effort past 'Hello World!'. I think this is largely because I
am not able to stay at one school long enough for this to develop.

Tony