[IAEP] Resubmission of Proposed Project for Sugarizer1°

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 2 21:49:31 EST 2017

Hi ....

Before we do any collaborative grant writing it would be a good idea if everyone involved has some background in grant writing! Over my years as an educator I had a large number of successful grant proposals, large and small, totaling over $500,000 (in 1990 dollars). But I am a bit rusty and will admit that I could use a refresher and some updating on successful proposal writing. This would also be a useful exercise for those of you who haven't written any successful grants recently or ever!

I propose we, as a group, take on the task of educating ourselves on the ins and outs of modern proposal writing. There are a variety of ways to do this. Here's a "quick and dirty" little guide for NOOBs: http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Grant-Proposal

We might want to try using this guide (a simple two page proposal format) for starters for proposals to SLOB.

[http://pad1.whstatic.com/images/thumb/6/6f/Write-a-Grant-Proposal-Step-1-Version-3.jpg/aid37224-728px-Write-a-Grant-Proposal-Step-1-Version-3.jpg]<http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Grant-Proposal>

How to Write a Grant Proposal (with Examples) - wikiHow<http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Grant-Proposal>
www.wikihow.com
How to Write a Grant Proposal. True grants can be very difficult to find and harder still to get. It may not be easy to find the right grant, but when you do ...

Here is a more in depth look at longer, more elaborate proposals, usually for larger amounts and longer timelines: https://www.arc.gov/funding/HowtoWriteaGrantProposal.asp

There are also some free online educational resources with webinars and some local live classes: http://grantspace.org/training/courses/introduction-to-proposal-writing

I intend to work with some of these resources in revising my proposal for Sugarizer Primero. When I have tweaked it, I may put it out there for others to make suggestions. I think, however, that each person's proposal is like one of their children. They don't want other people insulting it and changing it beyond their intentions. Well thought out suggestions should be welcomed but group writing and editing can ruin the whole project. There needs to be one, and only one, person in charge of writing any one proposal. If they choose to work with a team, they are still in charge.

I look forward to seeing some of the proposals you folks come up with!

Caryl

<https://www.arc.gov/funding/HowtoWriteaGrantProposal.asp>