[IAEP] [SLOBS] Motion for Social Media Manager

Samson Goddy samsongoddy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 18:14:58 EST 2017

On 17 Feb 2017 10:01 p.m., "Ignacio Rodríguez" <ignacio at sugarlabs.org>
wrote:

I love the idea except the part where someone get paid.

Nobody like the idea of getting paid, but that how it is.

We really need to focus on Social Media as described on the document,
but we also need interesting content to share with people. What I
mean, for much I like Sugar Labs I think we don't have enough
content/news/current users..

We don't have enough doesn't make us grow. And yes, you are right. But
Social media should have the ability to be a content creator. Yes, users
are one thing we are lacking that why the social media comes in to create
awareness.

> 1. Using myself as an example, Social Media manager is expected to online
at least 10-15 hours a day.
I don't get how can someone spend 15 hours dedicated to Sugar Labs
only (talking about social media).

I don't know about what you meant, but what i was trying to explain is to
make sure the SMM knows when to post things try to get answers to questions
that are been asked from the Social media world. Take it more like a live
support, i have been doing it with my church which happens to be non-profit.

I think we can do all of this by just wanting to == getting the work done.

I totally disagree on that, people can volunteer their time if they want to
support the SMM but it shouldn'tbe around that mindset.

Sorry for my bad english :D.

No problem

On 2/17/17, Samson Goddy <samsongoddy at gmail.com> wrote:
> At the last meeting, i proposed a motion concerning funding the Social
> Media role, there where lot of questions asked. So this is the updated
> document, i think is something SL should really consider for the future of
> Sugar Labs. Below are the links of Social Media that already exist.
>

>  [1]  https://www.facebook.com/SugarLabsforall/
>
>  [2]   https://twitter.com/sugar_labs
>
>  [3]
> https://www.linkedin.com/company/454719?trk=vsrp_companies_cluster_name&
trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A1954828041487359711037%2CVSRPtargetId%3A454719%
2CVSRPcmpt%3Acompanies_cluster

--
Ignacio Rodríguez