[IAEP] [SLOBS] SL member list/joining criterion

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sun May 15 20:06:04 EDT 2016

On 15 May 2016 at 17:30, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I hope we can make it better for 2017.

I agree with you about there being these 2 things that are needed for an
election:

1. A list of active members

There are some 'ambient' lists of members - eg, the wiki's usernames list,
the total of all emails subscribed to all mailing lists - and then the list
at http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Members/List is and the subset
of that at https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Members/Survey2015

However, this subset is claimed to be unreliable, despite Sebastian's best
efforts, and I am not sure where the former list came from for Sebastian to
upload it to Google Docs.

So I suggest develop a 'super list' with as many possible members as
possible, and then make persistent attempts to contact them until they pay
a membership donation, ask for a membership bursary so they don't have to
pay the fee personally, or tell us to go away :)

2. A voting mechanism

While http://loom.io seems good for decision making on a board, I don't
think its suitable for elections.

Instead, https://dem.tools Elections seems good - Python/MongoDB, GPLv3,