[IAEP] [SLOBS] SL member list/joining criterion

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sat May 14 22:51:34 EDT 2016

On May 14, 2016 10:26 PM, "Walter Bender" <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:

> what is the harm in keeping them on the list? (Our membership list has
never been well-correlated with the active contributors in any case.)

The harm is two fold. Initially that the list says it is a list of active
contributors, so having it not be that is problematic because it is
confusing: we either ought to redefine it accurately, or prune it. On a
deeper level it means referenda are a mirage, since it is impossible to get
replies from people completely disengaged, and it means that SL appears to
be a large and complex entity when it is not.