[IAEP] [SLOBS] SL member list/joining criterion

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat May 14 23:13:43 EDT 2016

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 10:51 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> On May 14, 2016 10:26 PM, "Walter Bender" <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > what is the harm in keeping them on the list? (Our membership list has
> never been well-correlated with the active contributors in any case.)
>
> The harm is two fold. Initially that the list says it is a list of active
> contributors, so having it not be that is problematic because it is
> confusing: we either ought to redefine it accurately, or prune it. On a
> deeper level it means referenda are a mirage, since it is impossible to get
> replies from people completely disengaged, and it means that SL appears to
> be a large and complex entity when it is not.

Valid points. But I guess I am not sure how we manage the pruning process.
Some people come and go based on their availability. I can think of several
people -- cjl and sean for example -- who have been quite active of late
after a hiatus of 12+ months. I want to make sure we don't cut off our nose
to spite our face.

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs