[IAEP] SLOBS Meeting

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Fri Jun 17 04:39:34 EDT 2016

The next meeting is two weeks away. At the end of the last meeting there
was concern that the SLOBs were not prepared to act on
a list of motions, especially Motions A and B.

My current sense is that we have realized that the position of treasurer
or financial manager is not needed. The actual accounting work is done
by SFC for
which we are paying 10% of revenue. SFC makes any authorized payments.
Payments can be authorized by the SLOBs by normal majority motion.

There is considerable activity on defining a vision, but the discussion
shows that consensus has not been reached and so a motion on this
subject is not ready for consideration at the next meeting. In any case,
a motion represents closure of the discussion and the continuing discussion
has great value in getting us to think about out future direction and
our obligation to our legacy.

Tony