[IAEP] [SLOBS] Motion: to undertake a fund raising drive.

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sun Jun 5 14:34:01 EDT 2016

On 5 June 2016 at 10:12, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:

> The strategic plan for Sugarlabs, which should include Vision, Mission,
> Goals, Objectives and Tasks can not only act as a roadmap (time frame 3 to
> 5 years) but also then justify request for funds for said Tasks. The funds
> can be through a fundraising campaign or grants etc.

I agree that drafting a comprehensive strategic plan for Sugar Labs is
important, which is why I have been working on the first level, the Vision.

Where are the strategic plans for previous years that include Vision,
Mission, Goals, Objectives and Tasks? :)

I can only find 2 vision pages on the wiki, the one Lionel created 2 months
ago and Design Team/Vision page that was last updated in 2011
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/index.php?title=Design_Team/Vision&action=history>
before
I migrated it to the 2016 goals page.

There was no mission page on the wiki, but Sean said that the mission was
what was used at the end of the press releases he sent out over the years,
so I created a wiki page with that text last week
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/index.php?title=Mission&action=history>,
and removed
the 'mission' section from the Sugar Labs wiki page
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/index.php?title=Sugar_Labs&type=revision&diff=98915&oldid=93224>
to a new mission proposal page
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Mission_proposal_2016>.

I can only find 2 goals pages on the wiki
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/index.php?title=Special:Search&limit=500&offset=0&profile=default&search=goals>,
the one I created last week and the SOAS/Goals page that hasn't been
updated since 2009
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/index.php?title=Sugar_on_a_Stick/Goals&action=history>
.

I can not find any pages with objectives
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/index.php?search=objectives&title=Special%3ASearch&go=Go&fulltext=1>
.

The only tasks page
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/index.php?search=tasks&title=Special%3ASearch&go=Go>
is
the GCI_2014/Tasks <https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/GCI_2014/Tasks> page.

I also just found Sugar_Labs/Roadmap
<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Roadmap> but this hasn't been
updated substantially since 2009
<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/index.php?title=Sugar_Labs/Roadmap&action=history>
.

Where else should I be looking for these things, other than the wiki?