[IAEP] Motions A & B for Tomorrow

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Fri Jun 3 01:22:24 EDT 2016

Hi

On 2 June 2016 at 11:59, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I think most motions are dealt with at SLOB meetings. That is why there is
> such a "log jam." Often motions are made more or less "off the cuff" and
> need a lot of revision before they can be voted on. But meeting time is used
> up discussing them anyway.

Hmm. I see in https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Meeting_Minutes-2016-03-04#Voting_By_Laws
that all motions posted via email __MUST__ be passed within 168 hours
(1 week) or they automatically fail and are not eligible for voting on
at the follow SLOB meeting unless they have been explicitly
resubmitted.

> The motions in the pdf are essentially the same as the ones posted before in
> the doc. The only major change was to go back to $Y as the amount for
> incidental expenses, thus allowing the SLOB to set the amount now and change
> it easily as needed. This follows the example (Walter's or your idea?) of
> setting the FM's compensation initially at $0 with the ability of the SLOB
> to change it as needed.

Okay - I will submit a motion setting the price :)

> Your motions are on the agenda so I assume you will see them tomorrow.

I am glad they are, although I don't think they should be, per the
above they have failed and need to be resubmitted :)

--
Cheers
Dave