[IAEP] Priority languages to translate Sugar

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 17 09:56:43 EDT 2016

Hi Lionel,
Are you using Bootstrap responsive design?  Perhaps if you design for the xs screen the larger ones will take care of themselves?
Caryl
From: lionel.laske at gmail.com
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 08:55:22 +0200
To: dave at lab6.com
Subject: Re: [IAEP] Priority languages to translate Sugar
CC: iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org

All Sugarizer activities work on mobile. I'm checking it before each new release.So activities are usable but it's true that activities are not fully optimized for mobile.
       Lionel.
Hi
On Jul 15, 2016 7:31 AM, "José Miguel García" <josemiguel at argos.edu.uy> wrote:

> Hola!

> Estoy de acuerdo con Caryl de fortalecer Sugarizer.

> Es importante avanzar en función de las disponibilidades de los despliegues, para poder fortalecer a Sugar

> A modo de ejemplo, en Uruguay se están distribuyendo tablets para los niños más chicos. La única forma de comenzar desde temprana edad con Sugar es a través de Sugarizer.
Right. It seems that the biggest olpc customers are migrating away from GNU systems and Sugar, despite being heavy users for years.

However, while its true yet smartphones have browsers, designing software for mobile is different to designing for tablets.
Its not clear to me that any Sugarizer Activity is designed for mobile.
Lionel, is this true?
Cheers

Dave

IAEP at lists.sugarlabs.org