[IAEP] 2016-2018 Oversight Board

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Jan 22 15:05:42 EST 2016

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 07:01:50AM -0500, Laura Vargas wrote:
> I have stated my intention to help achieve quality in products and
> process within the SL project and community.
>
> This "translations work flow" example was used to ilustrate the
> urgent need to draw a line between Executive process (such as
> raising resources) and Oversight process (such as oversighting
> budget executions).
>
> I believe that in order to achieve  quality in products and process,
> all projects of all SL active members need to be well formulated,
> "greenlighted", tested, documented and improved.

Sugar Labs is a voluntary organisation with membership that shifts and
changes over time.  Members can join at any time, members can leave at
any time.  Members cannot be compelled to work in the way you
describe.  The only influence the board can have is to remove barriers
to projects, and there are very few barriers the board can control.

I am not a Sugar Labs member because of a conflict of interest.  So
you don't have to convince me.  But if I were a member, I'd be puzzled
as to how you could implement your belief.  It sounds impossible to
achieve without changing the nature of membership.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/