[IAEP] use of XOs

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Mon Apr 25 13:42:35 EDT 2016

El 25/04/16 a las 10:37, Dave Crossland escribió:

> However, for me, it also sound like an impositive, top down approach.
>
> I like "lab" because the essential idea of a laboratory is that it
> runs its own (somewhat scientific) experiments and judges its own
> results; no top-down impositions.
>
> But having a set of reference experiments to self-assess is wise.
>
> What are your expected results? :)

Beyond homeschooling our children and mentoring some others, we've never
been in charge of what people in the OLPC/Sugar Labs community call a
(laptop) "deployment".

Expected result is that they learn to learn to be happy :-)

On a broader picture, we hope children will be empowered and liberated
by technology, not enslaved by it. We hope they will use these commons
for the good of their own communities. We also hope they will use it to
enable meaningful cultural exchange and empathy accross cultures.

In an intervention, it's good to keep these primary goals in mind as
some of them are hard to measure.

Talking about terminology, I love the word Workshop. In spanish it does
not carry the "training session" meaning as much as a place filled with
tools to work with (such as an artisan shop).

Regards,
Sebastian