[IAEP] use of XOs

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Mon Apr 25 11:37:35 EDT 2016

Hi

On 25 April 2016 at 11:20, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org>
wrote:

> El 25/04/16 a las 08:55, Dave Crossland escribió:
>

> On 25 April 2016 at 08:12, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Laura an I are using 'intervention' as we think Sugar users are not
>> common IT and *deployment* does sound like an impositive, top down
>> approach.
>>

> Sounds like psychiatry ;)
>

> Although I code since childhood, my academic deformation is in Psychology
> :-)
>
> Generally in social sciences intervention refers to taking action with the
> intention to change something in a person or group. It implies an expected
> outcome and responsibility beyond, in this case, merely providing access to
> technology.
>
> The big difference I guess is that a proper intervention's results are
> measured and evaluated.

However, for me, it also sound like an impositive, top down approach.

I like "lab" because the essential idea of a laboratory is that it runs its
own (somewhat scientific) experiments and judges its own results; no
top-down impositions.

But having a set of reference experiments to self-assess is wise.

What are your expected results? :)

--
Cheers
Dave