[IAEP] Seeking insights into Oversight_Board/Decisions

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Mon Apr 11 17:33:51 EDT 2016

Hi Adam

On 11 April 2016 at 15:21, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11 April 2016 at 14:32, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:
>>
>>> You are thorough enough to consider the fiduciary/stewardship secretary
>>> role outlined below, and/or coaching/mentoring someone younger to assist
>>> you -- would you consider giving back in this way?
>>>

>> Sort of: I don't want to take on any responsibility, but you can trust me
>> to make unsolicited recommendations to everyone ;)
>>

> I'll take that as a [Yes!]

Alright, then ;)

> Certainly if nobody but Walter and I are willing to maintain
> self-consistency at http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Decisions
> and http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Minutes and
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Finance etc, we will need to consider a paid
> Financial Manager per Caryl's recommendation so we move beyond Magical
> Transparency to Material Transparency, that you and others keep asking for.

What is it, exactly, that you and Walter are doing, that you would like me
to do?

> Til we grow up into a healthy ecosystem where Volunteers & Paid
> Professionals work alongside with complete respect, per Bastien's
> reminder.  On that note I have very close friends in direct contact with
> the worldwide experts in Participatory Budgeting if we need that
> facilitation.  Note this does Not reduce costs nor accelerate
> decision-making -- but it increases the Democratic Input of Everyone,
> similar to http://loomio.org -- if for example Servant Leadership is our
> goal?
>
> In the end of course it's all a question of putting our money where our
> mouth is :>
>
> (I can and will bring in experts in Participatory Budgeting later if that
> turns out to be appropriate.)

Yeah, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Participatory_budgeting sounds
reasonable.

Given that SLOBs are volunteers who run Sugar Labs, then what more do you
want to see SLOBs do to practice Servant Leadership?

--
Cheers
Dave