[IAEP] Seeking insights into Oversight_Board/Decisions

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Mon Apr 11 15:21:39 EDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> On 11 April 2016 at 14:32, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:
>
>> You are thorough enough to consider the fiduciary/stewardship secretary
>> role outlined below, and/or coaching/mentoring someone younger to assist
>> you -- would you consider giving back in this way?
>>

> Sort of: I don't want to take on any responsibility, but you can trust me
> to make unsolicited recommendations to everyone ;)

I'll take that as a [Yes!]

Certainly if nobody but Walter and I are willing to maintain
self-consistency at http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Decisions
and http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Minutes and
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Finance etc, we will need to consider a paid
Financial Manager per Caryl's recommendation so we move beyond Magical
Transparency to Material Transparency, that you and others keep asking for.

Til we grow up into a healthy ecosystem where Volunteers & Paid
Professionals work alongside with complete respect, per Bastien's
reminder.  On that note I have very close friends in direct contact with
the worldwide experts in Participatory Budgeting if we need that
facilitation.  Note this does Not reduce costs nor accelerate
decision-making -- but it increases the Democratic Input of Everyone,
similar to http://loomio.org -- if for example Servant Leadership is our
goal?

In the end of course it's all a question of putting our money where our
mouth is :>

(I can and will bring in experts in Participatory Budgeting later if that
turns out to be appropriate.)