[IAEP] SLOBs approval needed for Bender expenses of $1, 389.29 for Constructionalism 2016 (was Re: Sugar Labs travel)

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Sat Apr 9 14:02:09 EDT 2016

Hi Bradley,

Sugar Labs Oversight Board has passed 2 motions to retroactively approve
Devin Ulibarri's compensation of $500 for February 1-5 at Constructionism
2016 in Bangkok, and his travel/conf expenses of $1690.39.  If these
presumably meet SFConservancy's travel/expenses policies, please arrange
this total ($2190.39) to be paid without delay.  Presumably subtracting
$787.31 to be paid to Walter Bender who bought Devin's flight, so the check
to Devin would be: $1403.08

Likewise Walter Bender's own travel/conf expenses ($1389.29) have also been
restroactively approved.  Ditto if these presumably meet SFConservancy's
travel/expense policies, please arrange for payment without delay.
Presumably adding $787.31 for Devin's flight, so the check to Walter would
be: $2176.60

Separately, as experts on this matter, does SFConservancy have an opinion
on Sugar Labs currently maintaining our legally-required 501(c)(3) bylaws
on an open-to-all wiki at
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Governance regularly changed by
passersby, without even mentioning the word "bylaws" curiously?

Any quick recommendations for us to improve our legal/governance practices
here, given your extensive experience?

Adam Holt
Sugar Labs Oversight Board Liaison to SFConservancy.org