[IAEP] [SLOBS] Motions to create position of Translation-Community Manager

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 09:42:26 EDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 9:37 AM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:

> as a former SLOB, I could say that in the past this was because some
> matters involving OLPC, or embargoed press information, or a partnership
> with a third party, required confidentiality.
>
> Perhaps today's SLOBs have a different point of view

That mostly sums things up. That said, the traffic on the list is close to
nil. I generally use it as a CC to ensure that SLOB members see things,
such as meeting notifications.

Speaking of which, I managed to mess up (yet again) with the time for the
most recent meeting of SLOB. It should have been scheduled at 16UTC, not
19UTC, as this is the time we had agreed to. Let's go back to 16UTC
beginning next month.

regards.

-walter

Sean

> On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:
>

>> On 6 April 2016 at 03:25, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>>
>>> The hiding of SLOBs deliberations once they move to their private
>>> mailing list
>>>

>> Why is the SLOB list private?

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs