[IAEP] [SLOBS] Motions to create position of Translation-Community Manager

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Apr 6 10:02:16 EDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 9:37 AM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> as a former SLOB, I could say that in the past this was because some
>> matters involving OLPC, or embargoed press information, or a partnership
>> with a third party, required confidentiality.
>>
>> Perhaps today's SLOBs have a different point of view
>>

> That mostly sums things up. That said, the traffic on the list is close to
> nil. I generally use it as a CC to ensure that SLOB members see things,
> such as meeting notifications.

Just for clarity, are there 9 people who currently have access to
slobs at lists.sugarlabs.org ?  This is my understanding (7 elected + 2 paid
SFConservancy leaders) but if I'm completely wrong it would be good to know
:)

7 elected to SL board:

- Tony Anderson
- Walter Bender
- José Miguel García
- Adam Holt
- Lionel Laské
- Claudia Urrea
- Sameer Verma

2 paid SFConservancy.org leaders:

- Karen Sandler (Executive Director)
- Bradley Kuhn (President and Distinguished Technologist, and de facto
bookkeeper)

Speaking of which, I managed to mess up (yet again) with the time for the