[IAEP] Motions to create position of Translation-Community Manager

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Wed Apr 6 05:59:44 EDT 2016

Hi, James

My apologies. I am new to this and have made a lot of mistakes. However,
I don't believe it is fair to accuse me of 'hiding' anything.

As you know following my first meeting in February, I posted a
conglomeration of the ideas thrown out as to the position
(http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Translation_Proposal).

At the March meeting, the I18n position was tabled for the April meeting.

At the April meeting, the item was again tabled with a specific request
to write up the job description and a list of those on my informal
mailing list. I did that the following morning by writing and posting
the page (http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Translation_Manager) which has
evolved to the Translation-Community_Manager).

I sent a notification to the SLOBs list and to my informal list. This
was a serious error. This email should have been sent to iaep and
localization, at least. At the time I was responding to a task assigned
at the meeting and so used the SLOBs list. I wasn't aware that this list
is secret.

On Monday and Tuesday, I was involved in a personal commitment which
gave Walter and Adam an opportunity to edit the document. I also fixed
some typos.

At Walter's request, I made the formal motions. Those I believe should
go to the SLOBs list. However, Adam and Caryl requested that the motions
be posted on the iaep and localization lists which I did.

Certainly none of these snafus reflect in any way on Chris Leonard or
his leadership.

Tony