[IAEP] FW: [SCALE 13x] Weighing In On SCALE

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 12:44:49 EST 2015

Hi Folks...
Lots of new details about SCaLE 13x coming out today. They have a number of interesting new things coming up. If you want to help out with our Coders' Corner, would you let me know which days you might be able to help out?  We should have 2-3 people in the booth at all times to answer general questions and to help people try their hand at doing some simple coding.
The exhibit hall will be open from 2-6 pm on Friday, 10am - 6pm on Saturday, and 10 am - 2 pm on Sunday. That's a lot of hours so we really need lots of volunteers to make this happen.  So far, we know we will have some XOs running Sugar that can be used for Scratch and Python. Hopefully, we will also get some loans of some laptops that can access the Google Hour of Code materials via the web.
Sometime before SCaLE, the XOs will need to be checked out and the software updated to the latest  stable version of Sugar. I also have a cute little lavender and cream Asus Eee PC 900 running an old version of Windows ;( that we might be able to use. If someone wants to help me install a compatible version of Linux with an easy to use browser, we could use it too. If you have any similar older hardware that we could get running, let me know!
Caryl
P.S. Please forward to folks I may have missed