[IAEP] Re. Sugar Digest

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 29 14:26:11 EDT 2015

From: godiard at sugarlabs.org
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 09:18:23 -0300
To: dan.tenason at mail.ru
CC: iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org
Subject: Re: [IAEP] Re. Sugar Digest

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 12:03 AM, Dan Tenason <dan.tenason at mail.ru> wrote:

There might be a few issues that have a valid place on the Sugar digest.

1. Is it intellectually honest to assert that every XO ever made is in daily use? It is one thing to embellish by calling your beer "the worlds best." It is another thing to reduce the credibility of such an important project by exaggeration.

We already said we don't know how many XOs are broken/stolen/in boxes.We was already clear that we don't have a mechanism to accurately report daily users.Apparently you are the only one obsessed with this issue.
 2. Is the passionate response from Messrs. Anderson, Gonzalo, and Bender to discussion about inflated Sugar numbers correlated to the limited amount of academic research on Sugar and OLPC.

Rhetoric question? 3. Has any progress been made on either the seating of a new Oversight Board or the deployment data Mr. Bender promised last month.

Sebastian Silva and Caryl Bigenho volunteered to run a new election.They can reply better about that.
Sebastian and I are gathering all the information and resources needed to make the new election happen.We want to be sure the list of electors is up-to-date and complete and that others, who are not on the list, are given the opportunity to "register." This is a complex task and is further complicated by the lack of a 2014-2015 election. You will be hearing from us when we have enough of the required information to proceed.
Caryl
I am collecting the replies from the deployments, and working in a document. Until now, we received12 replies, waiting to get more replies.
And yes, I do all of my initial research under a pseudonym for the the same reason food critics do.

Are you Vegan? :)Is strange you claim we are acting in a dishonest way, but you are not capable of make questions with your own name.
"Real" researchers are open about their identity. Private investigators  and investigative reporters are the ones who go "undercover" and often their respondents will tell them what they think they want to hear. A creditable report needs to be done in a manner that is academically sound and without bias. Caryl--
Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning

IAEP at lists.sugarlabs.org