[IAEP] Re. Sugar Digest

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Wed Apr 29 08:18:23 EDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 12:03 AM, Dan Tenason <dan.tenason at mail.ru> wrote:

> There might be a few issues that have a valid place on the Sugar digest.
>
> 1. Is it intellectually honest to assert that every XO ever made is in
> daily use? It is one thing to embellish by calling your beer "the worlds
> best." It is another thing to reduce the credibility of such an important
> project by exaggeration.

We already said we don't know how many XOs are broken/stolen/in boxes.
We was already clear that we don't have a mechanism to accurately report
daily users.
Apparently you are the only one obsessed with this issue.

> 2. Is the passionate response from Messrs. Anderson, Gonzalo, and Bender
> to discussion about inflated Sugar numbers correlated to the limited amount
> of academic research on Sugar and OLPC.

Rhetoric question?

> 3. Has any progress been made on either the seating of a new Oversight
> Board or the deployment data Mr. Bender promised last month.

Sebastian Silva and Caryl Bigenho volunteered to run a new election.
They can reply better about that.

I am collecting the replies from the deployments, and working in a
document. Until now, we received
12 replies, waiting to get more replies.

> And yes, I do all of my initial research under a pseudonym for the the
> same reason food critics do.

Are you Vegan? :)
Is strange you claim we are acting in a dishonest way, but you are not
capable
of make questions with your own name.

--
Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning