[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Sugar Digest 2013-11-01

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Mon Nov 4 08:14:38 EST 2013

> My goal is not to replace Sugar (or Sugar activities) with Turtle
> Blocks, but to use Turtle Blocks to make Sugar and Sugar activities
> more transparent. I posit that once you have written a simple paint
> program in Turtle Blocks, suddenly the underlying mechanics of the
> Paint activity are more readily accessible. I don't see Turtle Blocks
> as the authoring tool for activities as much as the tool for
> understanding the basic mechanisms that underlay them.

Said in this way, have more sense :)

I have heard you many times talking about write all the activities and
sugar itself
in TurtleArt, and I never understood if was a joke or a serious proposal
(and of course, I have many motives to think this can't be a serious
proposal ...)

May be is only a communication issue, but is good send a clear message.

Gonzalo