[IAEP] [Marketing] Sugar 0.100 or 1.0

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Mon May 20 07:39:16 EDT 2013

On 20 May 2013 12:19, Bastien <bzg at laptop.org> wrote:

> Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I feel that 0.100 is even more unmarketable than 0.98.
>
> Agreed.  Mathematically, it reads like a regression.  Instead of
> reaching some definite level of maturity, it gives the signal that
> Sugar is in its early alpha (which is clearly wrong IMHO.)

The problem is that Sean is also saying a 1.0 would be hard to market
(without html activities, which I don't think are going to be solid at the
first iteration).

So I don't really know how we should call this release. Maybe 1.0 and we
just don't make noise about it. Feels a bit like a lost opportunity though.