[IAEP] How can I get Camera to work on XO? Also how to access USB

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Wed Mar 13 11:50:11 EDT 2013

Folks,

Heading to Haiting in two days and I have 3 XO's.

   1. How can I take a picture with the camera?
      1.  Tried with Etoys 5.0 build 2406. But camera does not work. Saw this
      in trakcer <http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-615>, but no wifi
      access, although I can put files on a USB.
   2. How can I install new activities (for whatever reason the XO's I have
   can't see my wireless network at home?
   3. How can I address the USB device from terminal? What is the path?
   4. Can I download Activites to the USB and install from there? If so how?
   5. Also tried to use Sugar on some laptops I am taking down with Virtual
   Box, but no luck.  If I can schedule a chat or Google Hangout with someone
   to get some help that would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen