[IAEP] Linux/Sugar questions

Mike Lee curiouslee at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 00:16:49 EST 2013

Steve,

I haven't installed Sugar on a PC or laptop in a long time, so can't speak
to that.

But last week, Christoph completed installing 12.1.0 on the XOs in the
Lubuto Library in Lusaka, Zambia. We went with that as it's the stable
build and 13.1.0 is still being finalized. Many of the new changes in
13.1.0, which is based on Fedora 18, focus on touch support for the XO-4.

In 12.1.0, Fedora 17 is the base system. Sugar version is 0.96.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/12.1.0
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/12.1.0#Known_problems
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.96/Notes

I have 12.1.0 running on XO-1, XO-1.5 and XO-1.75 to test Etoys and other
activities in preparation for my trip to Lusaka 2/15. It's very nice that
Etoys 5 is present in both and Sugar and Gnome. I'll be testing into this
coming weekend, so check with me for anything else I discover good or bad.

Mike