[IAEP] Linux/Sugar questions

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Sun Feb 3 23:52:38 EST 2013

Folks,

I will be going to Haiti March 16-24 on a mission trip with Foundation for
Peace.  We work with a number of schools in Haiti and I will be bringing
down some laptops and PC's to setup.

I will be installing Sugar on the systems.  In checking the Wiki I see
Sugar works with Fedora 18 <http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Fedora_18> and
plan on installing that on the boxes (unless someone suggests something
they feel is better).  The wiki page suggests using Sugar 0.96.2, but it
also says development changes occur rapidly, so would appreciate
confirmation that 0.96.2 is the version to install.

I also have three or four XO's I plan to bring down (assuming I can fix two
of them).

Can/should I update the XO's to Fedora 18 as well?

Thanks,
Stephen