[IAEP] Sugestion about the Xos

nanonano at mediagala.com nanonano at mediagala.com
Fri Feb 1 01:16:29 EST 2013

I have a little suggestion for the hardware developers of the Xos:

On the Xo 1.5 the SSD is a removable Micro-SD card. Here in Uruguay they comes with an 8Gb card.

A new Micro-SD card of 8 Gb has a value in the market from 10 to 20 dollars.

On the XO 1.0 the SSD was welded on the motherboard, that was a very good thing to avoid robberies

Maybe in the developed countries this little thing it is very tiny to consider, but here in Uruguay there are lots of
junkies that will kill for 10 dollars.

--------------------------------

Fortunately this info it is not known by all the people, but we know that bad news spreads very fast

I'm not sure if the XO 1.75 have a removable micro-sd memory card or it is welded, i've seen pictures on the internet
with the two options.

On the wiki there is a picture ith the SSD welded:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_1.75_Motherboard

But there are other pictures of a motherboard with a micro-sd card: (maybe an earlier version of XO 1.75?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/curiouslee/5341356965/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/curiouslee/5341355237/in/photostream/

Paolo Benini
Montevideo