[IAEP] [support-gang] Persistence For Downloaded Activities: How To???

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Apr 25 18:59:06 EDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 09:19:57AM -0700, Caryl Bigenho wrote:
> I was not successful in trying the latest build... 13.1.0. I'm not
> sure whether it was a bad download or I renamed it incorrectly. It
> would be great if someone would send the links again for the 2 files
> I would need and the correct names to use for the files. :)

Rather than try to find out what went wrong, here's an alternate
method:

1.  download http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/31036o0.zip (721 MB)

2.  unzip it onto a USB drive, and all the necessary files will be
    there with the right names,

3.  put the USB drive in an XO and turn it on while holding down the
    four game keys.

There's also the supported method:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/13.1.0/Installation/XO-1

--