[IAEP] [support-gang] Persistence For Downloaded Activities: How To???

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 25 12:19:57 EDT 2013

Hi...
The version is 883 (aka 11.3.0). I tried a more recent build (in the 12.x.x series) but, although the XO to XO mesh worked fine, it could not "see" my wifi router... or any of the ones from my nearby neighbors.
 I was not successful in trying the latest build... 13.1.0. I'm not sure whether it was a bad download or I renamed it incorrectly. It would be great if someone would send the links again for the 2 files I would need and the correct names to use for the files. :)
Back to persistence...I tried launching the Activities to see if that would make them persist, but after closing and emptying the Journal, they had disappeared.
Another strange thing... most of them I am doing with a direct download to each XO. I tried to save time using a usb stick, but found that after they were installed, they disappeared from the usb (and the XO)!  Perhaps I should have opened them, removed the stick while they were still open, then closed them and then emptied the Journal?  Just a thought...
These have to be ready to go by tomorrow afternoon and they take a lot of time to customize for the teacher. She told me which Activities she wants in the favorites view to start so I have to go to list view and uncheck a lot of them in addition to adding 2 from the Sugar Labs library. I am hoping she will have time to spend with me learning how to do this herself. I already spent a couple of hours helping her last week.
Thanks for any and all suggestions...
Caryl