[IAEP] Updating content in Help Activity

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Fri Apr 19 08:04:15 EDT 2013

The Help activity have a content unmodified for a long time (probably from
sugar 0.82)

Last year, a group of volunteers worked on update it, and created help text
for more activities [1]

This week, I collected the content, translated to rst format and created a
repository [2] to get it ready to include in the activity.

You can see the actual state here [3], while is not perfect, is a huge
improvement compared with what we had previously.

This content was created based on Sugar 0.94 (os 11.3.0), and need be
updated.

I will release a activity version with this content, because will be useful
for users of sugar 0.94 and more modern versions, but should be good if
there are people interested on work on updating the missing parts.

I have created a wiki page [4] to coordinate work on the parts we need
update. If you found more issues to update, please add to the TODO list.
You can collaborate sending updated screenshots, or fixes for the text.

Thanks a lot to all the volunteers who worked in the content already done!

Gonzalo

[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Help_Activity_refresh
      http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Help_Activity_refresh/TOC

[2] https://git.sugarlabs.org/help-activity-content/