[IAEP] Need XO-1.5 Keyboard Repair Suggestions

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Mon May 14 12:14:07 EDT 2012

Hi Folks,

One of the XO-1.5s in my "Roadshow" collection was returned with a ripped key. The person who was responsible has offered to pay for a repair.  It was a fairly new machine. I can think of three options:

1) Fix it with silicone tub an tile sealer as described in the article I wrote several years ago:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Keyboard_field_repairs

2) Find a replacement keyboard (where?) and install it. iLoveMy XO is only selling complete tops @$40

3) Same as #2, but find a green (if possible) HS keyboard (where?)  and install it.  This would be my favorite option if there is any way to get one… green or blue would do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Caryl
P.S. Option #1 actually works surprisingly well and lasts a long time. No problems yet with the ones I did about 3 summers ago.