[IAEP] Some curious social-psych research, with applications to OpenHatch, Nell, and...?

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Sun Mar 18 22:47:26 EDT 2012

Another resource might be looking at the online learning program that
Dweck's team produced: http://www.brainology.us/

Here is an interesting tidbit in the last video on this page:
http://www.brainology.us/webnav/dr-dweck-interviews.aspx
Using an EEG while students did problems they found that students with a
fixed mindset paid close attention when they were told if the answer was
right or wrong but students with a growth mindset also paid close attention
when they were told what the right answer was.

I think this is very important research for understanding what it means to
learn how to learn.

Cheers,
Caroline

--