[IAEP] Sugar UI font

Ian Cunningham ian.cunningham at nt.gov.au
Wed Jan 25 00:51:17 EST 2012

Hi,

NT DET uses Victorian Modern Cursive

http://www.education.vic.gov.au/studentlearning/teachingresources/english/handwriting.htm

Cheers

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: iaep-bounces at lists.sugarlabs.org [mailto:iaep-bounces at lists.sugarlabs.org] On Behalf Of Sridhar Dhanapalan
Sent: Wednesday, 25 January 2012 3:13 PM
To: iaep
Subject: [IAEP] Sugar UI font

I'm trying to find a font to use for the Sugar UI that has characters formed in the way they are taught in Australian schools (and probably in other countries too). The default Sans Serif font (and most fonts I've seen) have "a" and "9" characters with hooks. I'm after a font with a uses a "bowl a" and "9" with a vertical (not curved/hooked) stem.

I've tried to explain this (with pictures) at
http://dev.laptop.org.au/issues/1035

Thanks,
Sridhar

Sridhar Dhanapalan