[IAEP] Sugar UI font

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Wed Jan 25 05:42:39 EST 2012

Our first thought was to use one of the Australian schools handwriting
fonts [1]. We're currently experimenting with the Queensland Compact
Bold font [2], as it is more legible than the others. However, any
cursive font is less readable on a screen. Feedback so far has been
primarily negative.

What I think we need is a legible sans-serif font.

A lot of the freeware fonts out there are of low quality, incomplete
and not unicode compliant.

[1] http://www.schoolfonts.com.au/
[2] http://dev.laptop.org.au/issues/996