[IAEP] Sugarized binaries? was Re: users doing python in XOs

Yama Ploskonka yamaplos at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 14:31:27 EST 2012

Thank you, Martin and Bert

if I still felt these issues were a big deal-breaker, I would keep
begging until someone had pity on me or did it just to quiet me down :-)
As things stand, I will just keep it in the warmer. The kids I want to
reach in Uruguay likely can access an Ubuntu Classmate, and outside of
UY the concept of "open" is still somewhat on.  Yes, a shame, a crying
shame. (Have they ever released those GNU-compliance sources? oh well,
who cares by now)

#1, yes, that seems to be the consensus

#2, I have read some comments when doing due diligence googling that
required root to access mspdebug might be a "user" and "group" thing.
That might be fixable with little pain

For now, I better focus in my C code to work reliably and universally.

What happened was that as I got the more canonical binaries to work, it
turns out some code I had "optimized" (and published...) for the very
old binaries that yum pulls actually breaks now...