[IAEP] [support-gang] <OLPC

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Dec 3 01:29:49 EST 2012

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 08:02:38AM +0200, Tony Anderson wrote:
> Unfortunately this neat proposal ...

I'm confused.  Which one?  The use of a login screen, or the use of an
SD card?

> doesn't address the Journal (nor my problem of delivering the
> correct educational content per the grade level of the user).

Using a login screen or an SD card means that there would be one
Journal per user.

A login screen won't help much with content delivery tasks, but an SD
card might do, if the content is loaded on the card.

> On balance, the risk of work being done by one user in the name of
> another is probably not worth the 'screensaver' strategy. In the
> end, the users will have to learn the habit of identifying
> themselves.

Yes, the balance is for you to decide.  I'm just making sure you have
what you need to evaluate the options.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/