[IAEP] [support-gang] <OLPC

Yama Ploskonka yamaplos at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 23:46:02 EST 2012

if they are accessing an HTML resource, the kid can have a cookie, or a
CGI hidden field that gets passed in the URL as they call the resource.
That would work like "logging in" into any webpage as we are used to do,
hopefully done only once, and then kept as a cookie field.  That would
require no deep magic hacking.

I have become convinced that interaction with servers should be through
HTML, and hopefully someday an OS will have simply a browser, and
anything and everything will be run as a service in the server. That
would make it so much cheaper to maintain the OS, and probably make it
much faster and effective.  For local (non-connected) use, the OS could
have an internal server, same thing - the GUI would be an HTML page.

this, of course, is for school /users/. Those who deserve better should
have a very solid Terminal, and binaries.

Anyway, even the local Community College I go to nowadays does every
administrative task on browsers. Still paying full licenses, of course!