[IAEP] users doing python in XOs

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Sun Dec 2 00:11:12 EST 2012

Hi

Show source functions are greatly improved in later Sugars, there is a dropdown menu in the frame which can show (a) the encoding of the 'document' (b) the source of the Activity (c) Sugar source

What is its effect on users? Only a very small percentage of users will use this beyond inspecting a 'document' (eg web page code), but these few users may have a disproportionate effect on their nation's future, we don't really know.

Where time is critical, binaries are used by some Activities. Are you sure that making everything a binary would significantly increase speed, the Python encoded Activities call Fedora/Gnome functions which may take up most of the time?

The Activities that do use binaries are generally broken on XO-1.75 and XO-4 because they use an ARM processor

Tony