[IAEP] OLPC SF Community Summit 2011 / Oct 21-23 / Registration Open!

Holt holt at laptop.org
Tue Sep 20 12:14:25 EDT 2011

Missed out on the biggest OLPC/Sugar event of Oct 2010, where 150 people
attended?  Now's your chance to catch up on all fronts, building
connections with experienced learning/technology contributors flying in
from almost all continents -- All Are Invited!  As we come together in
our 4th year now catalyzing educational opportunity for the world's
poorest kids:

    OLPC San Francisco Community Summit 2011 <http://olpcsf.org/summit>
    is a community event that brings together educators, technologists,
    anthropologists, enthusiasts, champions and volunteers. We share
    stories, exchange ideas, solve problems, foster community and build
    collaboration around the One Laptop per Child <http://laptop.org>
    project and its mission worldwide.  Panel discussions, "Birds of a
    Feather" sessions, speed-geeking and much more!

Thanks SF volunteers who've spent Months now making this happen again!!
See y'all in 1 month when I'll be flying with 2 veteran volunteers
direct from Haiti:

    Dear Friends,

    *Registration for OLPC SF Community Summit 2011 is now open:
    http://olpcsf.org/summit*  As you know, the space is limited, so get
    in early and register before we send out the info on other e-mail
    lists and twittersphere!

    I hope to see you all in four weeks!

    cheers,
    Sameer
    --
    Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
    Professor, Information Systems

/Kindly forward to all interested in exploratory educational technology
& surrounding issues, Khan Academy, Internet Archive open e-books,
Wikipedia & beyond!

/And DON'T forget Saturday night's dinner in downtown SF, as well as
Sunday night's Amazing Party 1hr NW in Bolinas -- details forthcoming
here =)
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SanFranciscoBayArea/OLPCSF_Community_Summit_2011