[IAEP] [support-gang] Problems!

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Sep 15 01:06:44 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 09:53:12PM -0700, Caryl Bigenho wrote:
> I forgot to mention... before the reflash I was not able to get this
> machine to go to Open Firmware to reset the time (pressing esc while
> booting). All the other machines would do this even if their clocks
> were off. That's why I brought it home to try a reflash. No change. It
> still won't.

Oh, and I forgot too ... a jammed down button may prevent you from
getting to the OpenFirmware ok prompt.

It becomes difficult to diagnose with firmware or software, since you
need the keyboard to do it easily.

I'm able to get the ok prompt with the 2 key held down.  Perhaps there's
more than one key held down.  I've had that happen on an XO-1, and I
swapped the keyboard out.  It was the shift, ctrl, and tab keys on the
left side.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/