[IAEP] [support-gang] FW: [Olpc-uruguay] Carita triste

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Fri Sep 9 23:11:24 EDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 07:30:12PM -0700, Caryl Bigenho wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Can one of our many solutions that were discussed in the past few days about
> incorrect dates help these folks in Uruguay?  I'll translate the note below and
> if one of you knows the answer, but not how to tell them in Spanish, write it
> in English and I'll translate it and send it on. Note: these are all XO-1s and
> are probably secure.
>
> Caryl
>
> P.D. Alan, he mandado su nota a los grupos que han tenido una discus on sobre
> este mismo problema en la semana pasada.
>

> Translation:
> Hello!
>
> This could be a question that seems to be "forgotten" .. put...
>
> If an XO shows the "sad face" because it has the "incorrect hour"
>
> Is there a way to fix it without sending it in for repairs?
>
> Cheers
>
> Alan

Hi Carly,
the yellow sad face is the 'date incorrect' issue that you have seen from a
discharged battery.

So the date needs to be set and the coin-cell needs to be recharged or replaced.
James mentioned a way to recharge a 'weak' (not dead) coin-cell to allow the fix to work.
so do that for 4 hours? and then try to start the laptop, go to linux and set the date.
if you set the date, try to update the firmware if its from the 65x release.
But can I assume this person is connected to a deployment where they should
have gone first? (I saw he mentioned LATU).

--
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' :     The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|

Have a nice diurnal anomaly.