[IAEP] Conditions for the usage of XO logo?

Sebastian Silva sebastian at somosazucar.org
Mon Oct 17 12:16:48 EDT 2011

El 17/10/11 08:28, Walter Bender escribió:
> Iceweasel was a rebranding of Firefox in response to a specific issue
> Mozilla had with Debian regarding "unapproved" patches. By bringing it
> up as the lead-in to his question, I can only assume that Sebastian is
> suggesting that there is some looming issue regarding the use of an
> OLPC trademark that would violate one or more of the OLPC guidelines.
> I was perhaps not direct enough in asking what is that issue.
Thank you for your response.
I did not intend to sound misterious.

My understanding of the Iceweasel/Mozilla controversy was that fully free
distributions have policies to include free-to-modify bits - but Firefox
and its
logo have explicit prohibitions regarding modifying and distributing
modified
versions (you can't).

My concern was if a fully free Trisquel Sugar Toast release (inminent)
can include
use the XO logo.

Regards,
Sebastian