[IAEP] Getting started

Iain Brown Douglas iain at browndouglas.plus.com
Sat Nov 26 09:44:02 EST 2011

I invite you to review and edit my contribution ...

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Inkyfingers/Getting_Started%280%29

My starting point:

1. Target audience. Experimentally minded non technical
individual/family with no previous linux experience. Viewable on any
browser.

2. I am still uncertain about the <- Linked pages -> format I have used.
    My objective was to improve orientation.

3. I well recognise that if adopted this contribution would increase
duplication.

Is there an existing road map for improving entry level material on the
wiki?

4. How to improve intermediate level presentation?
	a) the page could move on to intermediate level topics, such as listed
below.
	b) "Getting started" could be limited to Sugar_on_a_Stick?

5. How to deal with intermediate level and avoid duplication on the
wiki.
    For instance,
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Supported_systems

    (a page I have so far excluded) starts ok ... is there a mechanism
to archive and regenerate pages?

Example of intermediate level topics.

Cannot boot from USB - detail of a CD bootimage and have USB rootfs, or
run from CD, using a USB for storage.

Link to Fedora hard drive install.

Anaconda, liveinst to USB. Is this a superior method?

Regards.
Iain, aka inkyfingers