[IAEP] OLPC Australia social networking site for teachers [WAS: Re: Contemplating Your SLOBS Vote]

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Mon Nov 21 22:45:13 EST 2011

On 22 November 2011 14:34, Sridhar Dhanapalan <sridhar at laptop.org.au> wrote:
> On 19 November 2011 00:10, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
>> (1) In Australia, the teachers use a social-networking site called
>> Yammer. Developers know to go to Yammer to communicate directly with
>> the teachers. Is there a social-networking site in your country where
>> the teachers gather? If so, we could hang out with them there. (I've
>> asked this question many times in the past and never gotten an answer.
>> Perhaps you or Carlos could investigate?)
>
> Yammer is working out really well for us, and we are tying it into our
> programme more tightly.
>
> We're currently putting together a certification programme for
> teachers. One of these certifications, the XO-cert [1], is a
> pre-requisite for a teacher to receive XOs for their class. In ways
> like this, we ensure that teachers are properly prepared on how they
> can use Sugar in their classroom before they can commence.
>
> Joining our Yammer network [2] is mandatory for teachers taking part
> in the courses [3]. Just as Sugar promotes collaboration amongst
> children, we want to do the same with Yammer for teachers. We provide
> rewards to teachers who are prolific posters on Yammer.
>
> Sridhar
>

> [1] http://edu.laptop.org.au/laptop/xo-cert-course
> [2] https://www.yammer.com/australianxoteachers/
> [3] http://laptop.moodle.com.au/

If you are interested in joining our Yammer network (link [2] above),
please let me know and I can send you an invitation to join.

Please respect that we are trying to keep the discussion focused on
user Sugar/XOs in an Australian educational context.

Regards,
Sridhar

Sridhar Dhanapalan
Engineering Manager