[IAEP] SugarLabs Candidacy - Supporting Info

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 17:56:15 EST 2011

Caryl makes a good point when she asks, "What goals would you try to
have Sugar Labs achieve if you are elected?"

Summarizing my statement in the wiki [1], I have three goals: (1)
helping Sugar Labs maintain its focus on the learner, primarily by
amplifying the voice to the Learning Team and the many teachers with
whom I interact; (2) helping the local labs program finally take off
as a primary vehicle for growth, by establish more clarity of process
(with the SFC) and purpose within the community; and (3) helping to
sustain our volunteer community, which remains at the heart of Sugar
Labs, by giving it a voice and helping to find resources for more
face-to-face time between developers and users.

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Walter/2011_position_statement

regards.

-walter

--