[IAEP] Your contribution to the Puno-Peru Sugar deployment

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Nov 14 19:29:31 EST 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-14 at 14:20 -0500, Sebastian Silva wrote:
> Hi Sugarcamp international team!
> I wrote the following to bring you in context with our Sugar Camp and
> its objectives.
> I felt it was worth to share with our international community as well.
>
> You may find more information at the following URL
> http://sugarcamp.somosazucar.org/hackerspace.html
>
> About Perú's Sugar Deployment
>

> You have been invited to concentrate with
> us in Lima with a purpose.
>

> Sugarcamp will be a collaborative work
> marathon. We will work "shoulder to shoulder"
> with a strategy to improve the computing experience
> for the children of Peru.
>
> [...]

Thanks for the info. A few questions:

1. Are there enough laptops for everyone? If necessary, I could bring an
XO-1, an XO-1.5 and an XO-1.75. Otherwise, I'd rather travel lighter.

2. Do we have good connectivity and bandwidth? If not, I could mirror
the Fedora 14 repositories on a hard drive before leaving.

3. Any other hardware or software you would like me to take along?

4. Is there any activity planned for Sunday? If not, I'm thinking of
renting a car to go visit Barranca or another place nearby. What would
you recommend?

5. Can you confirm that there's no need for a visa to enter Peru from
the US? (for reciprocity, many countries require a visa only for US
citizens).

--
 _ // Bernie Innocenti
 \X/  http://codewiz.org