[IAEP] [SoaS] SoaS v7?

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Thu Nov 10 13:17:40 EST 2011

This is an example of a dd writable SoaS-v2.img file which produces a
fully functional Conventional install on a USB. This is equivalent to a
liveinst install to USB.[1]

    It was first suggested by bernie [2] in early 2010 as a better
    alternative to the currently used live USB SoaS filesystems with
    their fragile and limited sized overlay,

    * This functionality is expected to be included in fedora 17
      liveinst (Anaconda)
    * It would be even nicer to be able to create and install to USB,
      the Soas-v7.img file directly from the first sugar boot screen as
      a third option line, rather from a obscure liveinst command in
      terminal.

[1]
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit#A-Non-Live_.28real_file_structured.29_USB
(a working 4GB dd Soas-v2.img file and description. As proof of concept)
[2] http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/Direct_Soas.txt   (Original
Announcement)

SoaS-v6 is great...thanks

Tom Gilliard