[IAEP] [SLOBS] Updates of Sugar Labs' finances?

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 13:50:17 EDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Mel Chua <mel at melchua.com> wrote:
>> As a member of the Sugar Labs community I find it quite frustrating that
>> such basic information doesn't seem to be readily available (at least
>> not on http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Finance where one would expect to
>> find it).
>

>> Yes, it is encouraging that Rubén's and Aleksey's recent funding
>> requests for Sugar Camp Lima were quickly acted and decided upon.
>> However I would assume that such decisions involve a quick look at the
>> current account balance which makes it all the less understandable why
>> the corresponding wiki page doesn't contain that information.
>
> Actually, the reason I *didn't* vote on that funding request was because I
> (as a member of SLOBs) could not find that information either, and didn't
> feel comfortable approving funding without knowing what our budget picture
> actually was.
>
> So Christoph, I do agree with you.

Mel, I believe that as a SLOBs member you get the same reports from
the SFC as the rest of us.

# On 31 July 2011, Total assets restricted for Sugar
$ /usr/bin/ledger -f /tmp/5mKPnnXTFW/sugar.ledger -e 2011/08/01 bal '^Assets'

        $ 21,141.78  Assets

We don't have a more recent figure, but we also haven't incurred any
major expenses in the interim. This approximate number was mentioned
in a recent SLOBs meeting when the question of funds as raised.

Christoph, would you like to volunteer to maintain a public version of
our finances? We are shorthanded in this department and it seems to be
an area of interest.

regards.

-walter

> --Mel